Thursday, September 29, 2011

Earth Quaking Experience

     I experienced my first earthquake at my grandparents' house in VA on August 23, 2011.

     I was going into the house when I heard a big "BOOM!". At first, I thought it was the ac coming on. But then, the ground started shaking and I didn't know what it was. I heard the neighbors and my cousin Joshua shouting ''EARTHQUAKE!''. Then I ran to the driveway and stood there. I heard the garage doors shaking and I thought that everything in the garage was falling.

      I heard Grandma yelling in the house but I didn't know why. So I ran into the house. She had been calling for me and my cousins to come to her. My cousins came running up the basement stairs. Once we were all inside the earthquake only lasted a few more seconds.

     A few days later, on August 25th, at 1:30 in the morning, we had an aftershock and it woke most of us up.

     I am thankful that the Lord kept us all safe through the earthquake.

- Michelle Lea Lundquist